Photos attached to the application for a temporary stay permit (biometric photographs) should comply with the following requirements:
- are undamaged, colorful, with a clear focus;
- are sized of 35 mm × 45 mm;
- have been made not earlier than six months prior to the date of filing an application;
- show the image of the face of an foreigner from the top of the head to the top of the shoulders, so that the face must occupy 70-80%, on a plain white background, in frontal position, looking straight ahead with your eyes open, not covered by hair, with a natural facial expression and mouth closed and the natural color of the image of the skin;
- show clearly the eyes of a foreigner, and especially the pupils of eyes, the line of sight of foreigner is parallel to the upper edge of the photograph.
There are a lot problems with photos which does not comply the requirements, and the Office checks the requirements by a special gauge.
Here you can find an example of correctly performed photo: